Research Assistant II
The Institute for Protein Innovation is looking for a highly motivated, organized and committed candidate for a Research Assistant II position. You will be conducting research under the supervision of a senior lab member, and performing general lab tasks and assisting in managerial tasks. As this is a new institute, we are specifically seeking someone who has a broad skillset and is excited to take on the various challenges, both scientific and logistical, associated with the establishment of a new research group.
B.S. or M.S. in a biological field, Ph.D. encouraged to apply. Strongly motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, mature, and willing to put in extra hours when required. Minimal two years of previous laboratory experience, in or out of colleges. Strong communication skills are desired. This position has potential to be promoted to a Lab Manager Position after one year.
Desired laboratory skills:
- Strong experience in the development and implementation of methods for protein production.
- Experience with mammalian protein production systems (HEK, CHO, etc).
- Previous work with membrane proteins a plus, but not required.
- Experience with microbial production systems (bacteria, yeast) are a plus.
- Solid foundation in basic molecular biology (PCR, DNA preps, mutagenesis, etc).
- Previous work in developing and implementing protein binding assays (ELISA, SPR).
- Careful documentation of work, including report writing and the maintenance of a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Experience in flow cytometry is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented, organized, team-oriented, enthusiastic and flexible with good communication skills.
- General laboratory skills (media/buffer production).
Applications should include: a cover letter, CV/resume, and list of three reference.