The Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) is a nonprofit research organization advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. Located on the Harvard Medical School campus in the Boston Longwood Medical Area, IPI is pioneering a new way of doing science that uniquely combines the freedom of academia with the high throughput scaling of industry to take on transformative projects. IPI has built a robust platform and a repository of synthetic antibodies and other protein tools to share with the biomedical community through licensing and collaboration. The Institute’s deep protein expertise, collaborative spirit and fit-for-purpose antibodies are powering new biomedical and therapeutic discoveries for academic and industrial researchers worldwide.
This is an entry level position for an eager, enthusiastic and curious scientist interested in antibody discovery, yeast display and bioengineering. The Research Associate will report to Antibody Discovery Principal Research Associate, Matthew Salotto.
Major tasks will be to conduct and assist the Antibody Discovery pipeline at IPI with day-to-day screenings, upkeep and management of the pipeline. The candidate must be adaptable and willing to learn new techniques to help with daily overall IPI laboratory operations when needed. This is an exciting opportunity to learn industry caliber antibody discovery in a semi-academic environment. Training will be provided to the right candidate who has a strong interest in molecular discovery. IPI is a fast paced, highly knowledgeable and collaborative research environment. The right candidate must be engaged, enthusiastic and willing to multitask daily.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support for ongoing research projects within the team
- Assist in conducting experiments and working on research problems
- Troubleshoot routine technical problems and perform equipment maintenance
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in an electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with the Institute’s policy
- BS in biological or life sciences field required
- Experience with protein biochemistry and cell biology techniques is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and careful attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate within a team-based environment are required
- Enthusiastic team member with strong commitment to the IPI mission and a desire to conduct impactful science
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Medical, dental and vision plans, with premiums paid at 100%
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Life Insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan with 6% match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Educational assistance
- Commuter and parking reimbursement
- Career development opportunities
IPI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At IPI, we believe that to truly innovate, we need all perspectives, and an inclusive world is built from a supportive environment. Here all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other applicable characteristics.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.