The Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) is a nonprofit research organization advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. Located on the Harvard Medical School campus in the Boston Longwood Medical Area, IPI is pioneering a new way of doing science that uniquely combines the freedom of academia with the high throughput scaling of industry to take on transformative projects. IPI has built a robust platform and a repository of synthetic antibodies and other protein tools to share with the biomedical community through licensing and collaboration. The Institute’s deep protein expertise, collaborative spirit and fit-for-purpose antibodies are powering new biomedical and therapeutic discoveries for academic and industrial researchers worldwide.
We are seeking a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to be responsible for running and improving upon existing next-generation sequencing (NGS) pipelines. The position will also involve creating custom analyses for individual experiments. The ideal candidate will be capable of running high-throughput data analysis in a cloud computing environment, with good documentation practices. This position is a key member of the team contributing to a wide variety of collaborations and discovery projects and interacts closely with the lab and outside consultants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop, improve and manage bioinformatics pipeline for NGS data analysis
- Perform customized data analysis for individual experiments
- Provide bioinformatic support for antibody library design and target analysis
- Work with colleagues and collaborators to improve antibody discovery process by NGS data analysis
- Present reports and results at team, pipeline, Institute and external meetings
- Work to publish results in peer-reviewed journals to promote the Institute
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics or a related field
- Proven ability to build NGS tools
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement existing NGS tools
- Fluency in a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Strong instincts for clear data visualization
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment
- Fluency in Python libraries for data science and data visualization
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge in antibody sequences
- Exposure to machine learning concepts
- Experience mining public databases such as Uniprot and Genbank
- Uses software development best practices such as version control (Git) and automated testing
- Medical, dental and vision plans, with premiums paid at 100%
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Life Insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan with 6% match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Educational assistance
- Commuter and parking reimbursement
- Career development opportunities
IPI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At IPI, we believe that to truly innovate, we need all perspectives, and an inclusive world is built from a supportive environment. Here all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other applicable characteristics.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.