Reports to the Lab manager
The Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) is a nonprofit research organization advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. Located on the Harvard Medical School campus in the Boston Longwood Medical Area, IPI uniquely combines the freedom of academia with the high-throughput scaling of industry to take on transformative projects. IPI has built a robust platform that produces well-characterized, synthetic antibodies and other protein tools. We then share them with the biomedical community through licensing, collaboration and commercial distribution. The Institute’s deep protein expertise, collaborative spirit and fit-for-purpose antibodies are powering new biomedical and therapeutic discoveries for academic and industrial researchers worldwide.
The successful candidate will work closely with the lab manager to provide logistic lab support in the development of synthetic antibodies for cancer, immunology and neurobiology targets. The ideal candidate is well organized and capable of running basic lab equipment, such as autoclaves and dishwashers. This position involves the processing of supplies, maintaining an inventory system and organizing maintenance on critical lab equipment. It may also involve the preparation of basic lab stocks such as buffers and media. Good communications skills are essential as well as a curious and inquisitive mind.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Decontaminate, wash, sterilize lab glassware and plasticware for daily use.
- Order lab supplies and follow up on and keep an eye on orders.
- Prepare reagents and pipette/aliquot reagents.
- Keep stock of equipment maintenance
- Participate in lab meetings and report on logistical matters
- Perform daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic qualification.
- Experience with a molecular biology lab environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate within a team-based environment
IPI is an independent 501(3)(c) nonprofit research organization and an equal opportunity employer. The Institute celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.