Reports to the Antibody Development Team Lead
The Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) is a nonprofit research organization advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. Located on the Harvard Medical School campus in the Boston Longwood Medical Area, IPI uniquely combines the freedom of academia with the high-throughput scaling of industry to take on transformative projects. IPI has built a robust platform that produces well-characterized, synthetic antibodies and other protein tools. We then share them with the biomedical community through licensing, collaboration and commercial distribution. The Institute’s deep protein expertise, collaborative spirit and fit-for-purpose antibodies are powering new biomedical and therapeutic discoveries for academic and industrial researchers worldwide.
The Research Associate will report to the Antibody Development Team Lead. The successful candidate will work closely with senior team members to conduct fit-for-purpose development of our rapidly expanding synthetic antibody portfolio. This position characterizes antibodies for use in various applications including flow cytometry/FACS, western blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, ICC, IHC, and IF. The ideal candidate supports projects—from evaluation to launch—by performing assays at a high level and effectively communicating results with team members. IPI has a fast-paced, intellectually driven and collaborative research culture. Candidates who are engaged, enthusiastic and willing to multitask will fit in well.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support in the transition of products from development to production and ultimately to product launch
- Design and execute cellular assays to validate antibodies in the pipeline, using flow cytometry, ELISA-based techniques, ICC, IF, etc.
- Perform literature searches, write technical reports and establish specifications for products in the portfolio
- Perform initial analysis of experimental data and interpret immediate outcomes
- Troubleshoot routine technical problems and perform equipment maintenance
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in an electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy
- B.S. in biological or life sciences field required
- Experience with cell biology techniques required (mammalian cell culture, transfection, ELISAs, functional assays, IF, WB, IHC)
- Knowledge of antibody discovery techniques and workflows a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have exceptional organizational and time-management skills and exhibit careful attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate within a team-based environment are required
- Must have excellent computer skills, including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
IPI is an independent 501(3)(c) nonprofit research organization and an equal opportunity employer. The Institute celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.